Love baking.....

The month of march is my beloved Monchéri birthday month. His birthday is on 20th and I was trying to find an original gift like a balloon flight over Granada but not only this is quite expensive but also with the weather we're having now, surely the balloon would have whisked us away to Lisbon or Morocco...would be funny though. A few days ago I had an illumination and told him he was gladly entitled to a whole month of sweetness, meaning I would bake him a different pastry each week during his birthday month. now do you believe me if I tell you I spent between 4 and 5 hours in the kitchen yesterday to make this ?........

we will be starting this month of sweetness with these little moka cakes

my little pieces don't really look like the ones you usually see in French pastries, which are entirely covered with coffee buttercream, but I just had one and it's too bad you can't taste them. Honestly, allow me to boast myself, but they are de-li-cious....!
I use Pierre Hermé's recipe from the Larousse des desserts, (the only one possible pastry book for me) and although the making is meticulous, tedious and time consuming, the result is really worth while.


my sweet readers, here is the recipe.....eh oui, 3 pages ! you first need to make the crème au beurre, perfumed with coffee, then the Gioconda biscuit, then an ordinary syrup perfumed with rhum, then put the biscuit 1h in the fridge, then set up the moka, slicing the biscuit into 3 circles, impregnating each circle with syrup, covering with the coffee buttercream and ground hazel nuts and so on....
Monchéri will taste it tomorrow with a couple of friends......
and this one is for YOU.....!
I know ...sadly and sadistically virtual

Have a great sweet week end !

Comments

Diana said…
I'm drooling...looks so delicious!
laala said…
That's a nice, original way to celebrate. I'd love to taste one of those, but don't fancy following several pages of instructions. So I just have to look at the pics and drool. :)
ceecee said…
These are fabulous! I can only imagine how they must taste. I have one of Pierre Hermes books too so I totally know what you have been immersed in...the amount of work is phenomenal in most of his desserts. All those different elements which require absolute concentration and perfect technique! So my toque is off to you dear Lala! I wish that you were nearby so that we could bake together! Enjoy.
Catherine
Dakota Bear said…
Merci! I know they must be delicious.

March 20th is my youngest grandson's 4th birthday.

Have a great weekend.
The labor of love is impressive, the little cakes look delicious and the presentation is beautiful!

Happy birthday month to votre cherie!
The Clever Pup said…
I like your zesty site.

I tried my hand at taking some cooking photos last weekend.

Your friend Gym is astonishing-looking
Gill said…
what???
you're killing me!
I cannot bake and here you are putting this in front of my nose...oh I can almost taste them.
MMmmm.
Happy Birthday Month, Moncheri~
xoxo
beauty comma said…
You must love your man, spending four to five hours baking for him=) It looks really delicious! These kinds of gifts are quite clever because you get to enjoy them yourself as well!
Anonymous said…
Looks so good in all the sizes shown, and so neat. I'll take one, put a candle in because my birthday is on the 22nd! Lovely!!
Khaled KEM said…
It looks so delicious. It is an original way of celebration. Happy Birthday to Tonchéi in advance.

He is sure lucky to have you Lala.
Dutchbaby said…
I bet they taste as good as they look! I know that your cheri and his friends will love them and twirl you around the room in appreciation!
Susana said…
Qué suerte tiene tu Monchéri... es una idea estupenda y deliciosa. Ojalá yo supiera hacerle estos pasteles a mi babe. I will have to learn one day...

Un día de éstos me tendré que pasar por Granada y probar tus pasteles!
Linda Sue said…
Oh dear girl, you do spoil that man! I hope that he spoils you as much.
Oh my gosh! That is real love to go to all this trouble to make a dessert. I am quite certain it is scrumptious and only wish I could taste that sample on the plate you are offering your readers (yes you are sadistic...). I shall just have to pretend.

Can't wait to see what you make next week!
Emma said…
Acabo te encontrar tu blog, ¡y me encanta! Las fotos, el estilo en cual escribes sobre tus interéses...está todo muy bello.
studioJudith said…
I salute your patience ... . but what an incredible treat you have created!
And remarkable photos, to remind you of your accomplishment - Judith
Helena said…
That looks amazing! And I'm impressed with your efforts. I'm not sure if I would have patience to spend 4-5 hours in the kitchen.
Well, this is a sweet reader with a sweet tooth indeed. And as we say in very typical Spanish: 'Me diste por la vena del gusto'. I love both the images and the result. Happy birthday to yourcheri.

Greetings from London.
vicki archer said…
What a beautiful birthday present and how lucky your cheri is. They look so delicious too, xv.
Anonymous said…
These looks Delicious!!
Spring in your area of the world looks divine!
Relyn Lawson said…
Holy smokes!! That is love. My, oh my. You are making me long for a month of sweetness of my own. I'll have to email Jeffrey this post. Lucky, Moncheri.
Mélanie said…
je ne savais pas que tu étais une si bonne patissière ...oulala
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts